Thank you for being a partner to Daily Work in 2016. Whether you are a donor, volunteer, Facebook friend, staff person or intern, or you once were, you have been there for us in the finest sense. With that gratitude in mind, here are Daily Work's 2017 New Year's Resolutions.
- We will be there for one another as fellow members of humanity. We will put people first. Daily Work Board chair Dave Krahn once said: "I am passionate about Daily Work because at the core of what we do is a commitment to:
- Truly be in the company of people,
- Know people as people, and
- Be present with people in the middle of their pain."
- We will provide authentic and meaningful opportunities for YOU, our friends and supporters, to be in the company of the people we serve.
- As you might notice when you read testimonials from interns or other volunteers, truly being in the company of others and being present during their time of need is not only transformational for the job seeker, but for the helper, too.
- We will continue our commitment to being thoughtful, ethical and grateful stewards of the resources entrusted to us, including financial, human, and physical resources.
- Every year we seek to strengthen the experiences had by all our constituencies: job seekers, staff and interns, and friends and supporters.
Please know that even on the days when the challenges seem too great, your belief and trust in us carries us forward and inspires us to keep striving, because what we are doing together...truly matters.
What we are doing together, to help people like Anali, Abera, and Raymond, is to transform their lives through work, changing for the better, the trajectory of their futures, and ours.
Now that's a cause for celebration. Happy New Year!