If our eNewsletter seems different, that's because it is! We are using a new database and email system so that we can improve our communication with you! Our goal is to send you accurate, compelling information so that you can see the impact of your partnership on the job seekers at Daily Work.
In that spirit, here are a few questions that will ensure we are sending only the information you want!
- Is your name at the top of the email right? If not, let me know, and I'll get it fixed right away!
- Are you receiving this email in error? If you do not wish to receive emails about Daily Work or our job seekers, you will find the unsubscribe button at the bottom of this email. Typically, we will send you between 15 and 18 updates per year...that's just 1.5 emails per month!
- Alternatively, you can also now manage your preferences or the kind of email you wish to receive!
- Are we in your address book and primary inbox? If you want to make sure your emails come through, please add this email to your list of contacts...Julie@Daily-Work.org
- If you use gmail, consider moving this email from your promotions tab to your primary inbox. Just drag and drop and say yes when it asks if you want future emails to do the same.
Thanks! I'm looking forward to sharing more stories with you about how your support is changing our job seekers lives every day! Now on to good stuff....keep reading to learn more about the advances our job seekers are making.
Thank you for your partnership,
Julie Hoff, Executive Director
PS: We have several events in August, including a National Night Out picnic tomorrow night, August 2, in conjunction with Christ Lutheran Church on Capitol Hill. Check out the "Join Us" section below to get the details.
The Turning Point For Stephen
Stephen got a job with Daily Work’s help, but not in the usual way. Yes, he got a new resume, a cover letter and application assistance at Daily Work, but the pivotal moment for Stephen was attending the Steps to Success Luncheon on May 11. “Being at the banquet was motivational for me,” Stephen said... Read More
Pictures! 2016 Steps to Success Event
Thanks to everyone who attended our May 11Steps to Success Luncheon. Even if you missed the event, you can see the pictures (thanks to Beverly Van Dell) or make a donation. Summer is an especially hard time for many job seekers, when entry-level jobs have fewer hours or more competition from students. Your donation of $25, $50, or $100, can provide bus passes, gas cards, or other assistance during this time. Click here to Donate Now!
A Time to Thank Dad
Father’s Day was celebrated a couple weeks ago and it made realize how little time I spend with my loved ones, especially my father. We all get very busy with our daily routines and it’s easy to run out of time to spend with the special people who really matter in our lives. Last Sunday, I took a moment to hug my dad and tell him “Thank You. Thank you for working so hard and giving me a good life all those years... Read More
Tuesday, August 2 - National Night Out Celebration
- BBQ and Wings in the Peace Garden - 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Games and Fun
- Bring a dish to share, if you can
Job Club - Every Tuesday!
Job Club is now every Tuesday from 4 - 5:30 p.m. Do you have skills or information to share with job seekers? Do you want to see your donation in action? Looking for a job and need some help? Then join us!
We have snacks at every meeting! The Club meets at our office at 105 University Avenue West in St. Paul. RSVP to (651) 204-3043.
Connect with us on social media!
Our Contact Information
105 University Avenue West
St. Paul, MN 55103