Hot Meals for the Holidays
By: April Pierce, Communications & Web Services Intern
The end of 2018 is only a few weeks away, and with it comes the exciting and hectic holiday season. No matter your background, the holidays give you the opportunity to reconnect with your loved ones. Gifts, family get-togethers, food, and decorations are just a few of the things that job-seeking families might be struggling to budget for this month. The list below includes some helpful hot meal events available to those who are interested.
- Description: The Salvation Army will be holding their annual holiday dinner on December 22 and 25. This event is open to the public so individual visitors or families are both encouraged to stop by!
- Times & Locations:
-Dec. 22: Eastside Salvation Army, 1019 Payne Ave. in St. Paul, 12–1 PM
-Dec. 25: Salvation Army Harbor Light Center, 1010 Currie Ave. Minneapolis, 12:45-1:30 PM
- Contact Information:
- Eastside: (651) 776-8169
- Harbor Light Center: (612) 767-3100
- Description: Meals on Wheels is working to deliver free meals to qualified homebound, elderly, or disabled individuals that meet income and poverty guidelines. This service will be available to people living in Bloomington, Edina, Richfield, and parts of Ramsey and Hennepin County. If you qualify and are interested in learning more, you can contact Meals on Wheels directly via phone to arrange your delivery or visit their website at https://meals-on-wheels.com
- Contact Information: (952) 888-9616
- Description: The House of Charity is eager to live up to their name by hosting a free dinner for anyone interested in attending. No applications proving financial status are needed, and based on availability children will receive a small gift and some candy.
- Time & Location:
- 714 Park Avenue Minneapolis, MN 55404 on December 25 from 10:30-11:30 AM
- Contact Information: (612) 436-2055
- Description: The Union Gospel Mission serves over 1,700 meals a year between Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas day. They will be hosting their annual holiday dinner on December 25th it will be open to the public and do not require income verification to attend.
- Time & Location:
- Dec. 25: 435 University Avenue from 11-1:30 PM
- Contact Information: (651) 292-1721
If you're interested in supporting Daily Work job seekers this holiday season, consider making a donation at GiveMN.org. All donations made to Daily Work through December 31st will be matched! That's right, if you donate before the end of the month you have the chance to help us reach that goal twice as fast! We look forward to using the funds collected to help job seekers continue on their journey of career development.
Thank you for all of your support, and happy holidays!